Does Fenty Beauty test on animals or sell in China?
Rihanna is such a multi-talented woman. So I was beyond excited when she launched her Fenty beauty line. The line celebrates diversity and features over 40 shades of foundation plus shadows and lip glosses. But is Fenty Beauty cruelty-free?
For a company to be considered cruelty-free they have to meet all of the following criteria:
- Do not test any of their products or ingredients on animals
- Don’t allow others to test on their behalf
- Do not sell in a country where animal testing is required.
After doing a bit of research, I found that Fenty Beauty does meet the above cruelty-free requirements and is considered to be a cruelty-free cosmetics brand.
Let’s look into what all of that really means and where you can buy Fenty Beauty’s products.
Is Fenty Beauty Certified Cruelty-Free?
When researching a brand’s cruelty-free status my first stop is the certified cruelty-free list. There are three organizations that give official certifications to brands around the world: Leaping Bunny, Peta, and Choose Cruelty-Free.
Fenty Beauty is not found on any of these organizations’ cruelty-free lists.
Does Fenty Beauty Test on Animals?
The next step in my research is going directly to the company’s animal testing policy to see where they stand. Fenty Beauty’s policy can be found in the ‘FAQ’ section of their website. Here is what it states:
“Never. Fenty Beauty + Fenty Skin are cruelty-free brands. We never test products or ingredients on animals, nor do we allow suppliers to conduct testing on our behalf.”
Fenty Beauty’s policy answers the first two questions. Now let’s see if they sell in China.
Is Fenty Beauty Sold in China?
No, Fenty Beauty is not sold in China, a country that requires imported cosmetics to be tested on animals.
Is Fenty Beauty Owned By a Parent Company?
Yes, Fenty Beauty is owned by LVMH.
Is Fenty Beauty Vegan?
Fenty Beauty is not a 100% vegan makeup brand but they do have an extensive line of vegan products.
“Fenty Beauty + Fenty Skin are cruelty-free and never test on animals, nor do we allow suppliers to conduct animal testing on our behalf. While many of the products are free of animal byproducts, Fenty Beauty is not considered a vegan line: A handful of our products may contain ingredients of animal origin, such as beeswax and carmine. For information on specific products, please refer to the Ingredients tab on the product pages. Fenty Skin is a fully vegan line.”
Fenty Beauty Vegan Products
Here is a list of Fenty’s vegan-friendly products. I’ve divided them into categories for easier navigation.
Fenty Beauty Vegan Foundation, Primer, & Concealer
- Pro Filtr Soft Matte Longwear Foundation (all 50 shades)
- Match Stix Matte Skinsticks (Porcelain, Ivory, Linen, French Vanilla, Bamboo, Peach, Sand, Honey, Wheat, Almond, Maple, Caramel, Walnut, Latte, Amber, Suede, Cocoa, Mocha, Truffle, Espresso, Caviar, and Ebony are vegan)
- Pro Filt’r Hydrating Primer
- Pro Filt’r Mattifying Primer
- What It Dew Makeup Refreshing Spray
- Pro Filt’r Amplifying Eye Primer
- Pro Filt’r Setting Powder (Lavender, Butter, Banana, Cashew, Honey, Hazelnut, Nutmeg and Coffee are vegan)
- Pro Filt’r Hydrating Longwear Foundation (all 50 shades)
- Pro Filt’r Instant Retouch Concealer (all 50 shades)
- Match Stix Glow Skinstick
- Match Stix Shimmer Skinstick (Rum, Sinamon, Unicorn, Ridiic, Chili Mango, Starstruck, Blonde, Champagne Heist, Bordeaux Brat, Pink Lemonade, and Cognac are vegan)
- Sun Stalk’r Instant Warmth Bronzer (Inda Sun, Shady Biz, Private Island, I$land Ting, Bajan Gyal, Caramel Cutie, Coco Naughty and Mocha Mami are vegan)
Fenty Beauty Vegan Lips and Cheeks
- Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminzer (Fenty Glow, Diamond Milk, Fu$$y, Glass Slipper, $weet Mouth and Hot Chocolit are vegan)
- Cheeks Out Freestyle Cream Blush (Daiquiri Dip, Drama Cla$$, Crush on Cupid, Summertime Wine, Cool Berry, Fuego Flush, Strawberry Drip, Petal Poppin, Bikini Martini and Rosé Latte are vegan)
- Cheeks Out Freestyle Cream Bronzer (Amber, Butta Biscuit, Macchiato, Hunnie Glaze, Teddy, Chocolate and Toffee Tease are vegan)
- Stunna Lip Paint Longwear Fluid Lip Color (Uncensored, Unveil, Uncuffed, Unbutton, Uninvited, Unlocked, Unattached and Undefeated are vegan)
- Mattemoiselle Plush Matte Lipstick (Candy Venom, Clapback, Freckle Fiesta, Griselda, Midnight Wasabi, One of the Boyz, PMS, Saw-C, Shawty, S1ngle, Spanked, Up 2 No Good, Ya Dig?!, Ma’Damn, Ballerina Blackout, Violet Fury, I Quit, Turks and Caicos, F’n Black, Flamingo Acid, Pumpkin Rose, Dragon Mami, Thicc and Tiger Tini are vegan)
- Pro Kiss’r Luscious Lip Balm
- Pro Kiss’r Lip-loving Scrubstick
- Poutsicle Juicy Satin Lipstick (Tropic Tantrum, Motorboat, Alpha Doll, Go Deep, Hot Blooded, Sun Snatched and Purpsicle are vegan)
- Killawatt Foil Freestyle Highlighter (Penny4uthots and Mint’d Mojito are vegan)
Fenty Beauty Vegan Eyes and Brows
- Full Frontal Volume, Lift & Curl Mascara
- Flypencil Longwear Pencil Eyeliner (Cuz I’m Black, Bachelor Pad, In Big Truffle, Black Card, Space Cookie, Moon Dunez, Sea About It, Lady Lagoon, Bank Tank, Chromewrecker, She a Problem, Grillz and Bad Bride are vegan)
- Flyliner Longwear Liquid Eyeliner
- Brow MVP Ultra Fine Brow Pencil & Styler (Light Blonde, Medium Blonde, Dark Ash Blonde, Soft Red, Auburn, True Red, Dark Auburn, Ash Brown, Light Brown, Medium Brown, Dark Brown, Black Brown, Soft Black and Deep Black are vegan)
Fenty Beauty Vegan Body Products & Tools
- Diamond Bomb All-over Diamond Veil (How Many Carats?! and Cognac Candy are vegan)
- Body Lava Body Luminizer (Brown Sugar and Cognac Candy are vegan)
- Liquid Diamond Bomb Glitter Highlighter
- Fairy Bomb Shimmer Powder (Coppa Chill, 24Kray and Trophy Wife are vegan)
- Brushes and Tools
Wrap Up: Is Fenty Beauty Cruelty-Free?
Yes, Fenty Beauty is a cruelty-free makeup brand. They have verified that they do not test their products or ingredients on animals, do not allow others to test on their behalf, and do not sell in a country that requires testing.
Now I’d like to hear from you…What are your thoughts about Fenty Beauty? Please leave your comments below!