This late summer has like an autumn air before time! Instead lying my couch to chill with Netflix, I decided to prepare a good peach pie before watching the series Chewing Gum. Easy to make and cheap, here’s something to delight our taste buds 😉
INGREDIENTS for 5 people
- For dough
- 220g plain flour
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 125g cold margarine
- 60ml of ice water
- 1 spoon of vanilla extract
- For the pie
- 4 to 5 peaches
- Preheat oven to 200 ° C
- Mix the flour, sugar and salt in a large bowl, then mix with a fork.
- Cut the margarine into cubes. Spread them over the mixture and stir with a fork to coat them with flour.
- Incorporate margarine with a fork until the dough looks like a coarse semolina.
- Pour in ice water and stir evenly. If the paste appears too friable, add water gradually and mix.
- When the dough forms a compact coarse ball, it is ready.
- Place a cloth on the bowl and leave the dough at least one hour in the fridge.
- Lower the dough with a rolling pin.
- Peel and cut peaches.
- Place the fruit in the middle of the dough leaving 5 cm around.
- Gently fold the edges over the topping, forming folds all around the fruit without covering them completely.
- Brush the dough with water and sprinkle with sugar to brown the crust.
- Bake in the oven for 15 to 30 minutes at 200 ° C.